View all photos (32)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
61A Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Small personalised tours to stunning locations
- Guaranteed individual forward facing window seats
- Free refreshments provided on selected tours
- Free pick up and drop off to your accommodation
- On-site IPad multimedia presentations
- Guides are knowledgeable friendly locals
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Confirmation: will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Suitability: For groups including children under the age of 6yrs old a private charter tour must be booked.
- Accommodation pick up service: Due to tour time constraints the outer limits for the pick up service we offer on our standard tours are from Mantra Marina 875 Frankton Road to 260 Fernhill Road and 159 Gorge Road. Any property outside of this Queenstown area unfortunately would not be applicable for pick up/drop off. As such we CANNOT pick up/drop off from The Hilton/ Kawarau Village, The Ramada, Frankton village, Millbrook, Arthurs Point (Top 10, Nugget Point), Arrowtown etc. unless a private charter is booked. Clients happy to meet at our shop (61A Shotover Street) for the 8:15am or 1:15pm scheduled departures should simply write 'shop' in pick up location. Accommodation pick up time: Clients should be ready for their accommodation pick up anytime between 8:20am & 8:30am on all morning departures and between 1:20pm and 1:30pm for all afternoon departures. These pick up times are approximate and will vary depending on other pick-ups, traffic etc.
- We recommend: dressing to the weather conditions on the day and bringing a camera.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
First trip to Queenstown and we booked this trip with 2 x 9 year olds and one 12 year old (& 2 adults). We all rated it best thing we did across the week. Peter was a terrific tour guide, giving us excellent & informative Lord of the Rings insights. Was cool to see the LOTR…
Date of experience: January 2020
This tour was a great way to see the areas surrounding Queenstown, with an added bit of adrenaline, hearing both the history of the area, as well as the different locations for some pretty awesome scenes from Lord Of The Rings. Our guide, Pete, had some good film industry…
Date of experience: December 2019
We had a fantastic day with Matt. He was very knowledgeable on the area and we had fun going through the rivers in the 4x4. We would highly recommend the tour!
You must know more about queenstown and I'm sure this one of the best ways. It's really amazing track road and be prepare to see a paradise! Look for Ross, he is Nice guy who can show you everything! Good luck and have Nice trip!
Date of experience: August 2019
We had a great time with Matt showing us iconic filming locations for LOTR and scenic Queenstown. Driving off road and through the river were lots of fun. Matt is very personable and accommodating. I would definitely recommend him doing your tour!
Date of experience: July 2019
About the operator
By: Off Road 4X4 Queenstown
Matt was our guide and he was terrific!! We saw all the LOTR sights plus so much more!!! Off Road is highly…
Road trip Queenstown
Thanks guys we had a great time on this trip. Peter and Ryan we enjoyed the 4 hours ,plenty to see and you had…
Highlight of our first visit to Queenstown trip - highly recommended !
First trip to Queenstown and we booked this trip with 2 x 9 year olds and one 12 year old (& 2 adults). We all…
SOLID DAY ON THE BUGGYS!
Thank you heaps Scott for a mean time out on the buggy’s! Me and Tuhoto-Ariki appreciate it a lot, your knowledge…
Fantastic LOTR/Queenstown tour
What an amazing tour. Pete did a fantastic job driving, giving us great info, showing us gorgeous spots, sharing…
My wife and I had an amazing time today from a tour led by Pete. I am a huge LOTR fan, while my wife isn’t and she…
This tour was a great way to see the areas surrounding Queenstown, with an added bit of adrenaline, hearing both…
Excellent guide and sight seeing
While I am a Tolkien fan, my partner is not but we both thoroughly enjoyed seeing the many memorable movie scene…
Lord of the rings glenorchy 4x4 off road
Pete was an excellent guide, Pete's driving and knowledge was great and was a friendly character, highly…
This was a lovely experience!!!
We've been in 4 hours of lovely experience thank you Peter for the un forgettable views and fun,we recemend this…
- Lake Wakatipu, Off Road 4X4 Queenstown
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071