View all photos (48)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Queenstown to Milford Sound
Breakfast aboard the Mariner...
88 Beach Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Queenstown
- Luxury coach transfers with commentary from Queenstown to Mildford Sound (5-hours in each direction)
- Overnight Milford Sound Cruise
- Private cabins with en suite bathrooms
- Entry/Admission - Lake Te Anau
- Drinks, fully licensed bar is available on cruise
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vessel information: The cruise has spacious viewing decks, dining saloon, fully licensed bar and observation lounge.
- Need to bring: Non-slip shoes/ boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent, swimwear (optional), camera, cash for bar and snacks. Overnight bag only required.
- Maximum capacity - sleeps 60
- Aircraft is a twin-engine 7 to 9-seater Britten Normal Islander.
- IMPORTANT: Flights are weather dependent. If due to unfavorable weather conditions the flight does not operate, you will return to Queenstown by luxury coach and refunded the difference.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please add additional products to your cart for any extra cabins required.
- Most travellers can participate
- Infant rates apply provided they no not occupy a bed
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 64 travellers
If you cancel within 5 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel at least 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Time of year
We took the return coach trip from Queenstown and then the Milton Mariner for the overnight cruise. This was a full two days but we were only the second overnight to run following the rain closure so very lucky to be there! Che our coach driver entertained us with his…
Date of experience: February 2020
From the bus ride with driver Cameron to all the staff on the ship I felt so comfortable and learnt many things about New Zealand - the culture and the environment. It was a wonderful way to spend a night on our honeymoon. The three course dinner was amazing followed in the…
Date of experience: April 2019
Very pleased with the way 'Real Journeys' conducted their cruise. My wife and I were picked up at The Scenic hotel by taxi and taken directly to the Real Journeys centre. This was arranged for us and we just had to be at the hotel reception ready. The coach journey seemed early…
Date of experience: December 2018
My girlfriend and I first went with RealJourneys on the Doubtful Sound overnight cruise, and simply loved every single element of it. The food, the crew, the course, everything from top to bottom exceeded our expectations. Because of that, we decided to do the overnight for…
Date of experience: October 2018
Milford Sound is a stunning location, best experienced in a leisurely and receptive manner, not rushed and hurried. So why try to fit it in after a long drive when you'll only have a hour or so to appreciate a natural marvel? The tidy and neat Milford Mariner is the perfect…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Real Journeys
Great cruise, brilliant dinner and sheep shearing / sheep dog demo great fun
We were staying slightly out of town but managed to get free parking quite easily and walk a short distance to the …
Fabulous relaxing cruise
What an absolutely stunning part of the world, this cruise was definitely one of the highlights of our trip
Doubtful Sound day cruise - total experience
We selected the day cruise on Doubtful Sound and it offered a lot. Starts with 45 lake cruise, then 45 min bus to …
Haven't made it to Norway, but this tour may give a run for the money! Did the hotel pickup option out of Te Anau,…
Too many coaches and too many people
We enjoyed the scenery, but due to Milford Sound being closed because of storm damage, you got the feeling that peo…
A excellent Cruise and Dinner
Was good fun cruising on the old Steamer! The Walter Peak Farm was absolutely lovely. The location was stunning a…
Amazing food meat lovers dream although my veg partner found plenty of yummy food to eat, and the scenery is second…
Who let the sheep out!
Our session was not overly crowded. Plenty of space and seats on the boat. There were clean toilet facilities on th…
Great views, good meal
16:00 start. Fabulous old steam ship, fascinating watching the guys in the engine room, I wouldn’t like to be the s…
We did this trip on a overcast drizzly day but could not have enjoyed it more! All the real journeys staff were fan…
A great 30 minute morning cruise on lake Te Anu to the glow worm caves! Interesting , informative, funny guide! J…
Not doubtful but positive !
We are so grateful that there is mobility parking right next to the terminal - something lacking in much of New Zea…
Travel back in time!
We boarded the TSS Earnslaw for a trip to Walter Peak Station. This 1912 steamship was remarkable. Spend time wat…
Tummy busting BBQ
We enjoyed a terrific BBQ at Walter Peak Station. The food was abundant, delicious and plentiful so you could go b…
Fun, informative and beautiful
As much as the eerie glow from the roof of the water-filled cavern, we enjoyed the evening shuttle-boat ride, the h…
- Lake Wakatipu, Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), and 7 more
- Duration: 2 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071