Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The Coromandel Coast Private Tour will take you to one of the most stunning areas of New Zealand. Formerly known largely for its Hardrock Gold Mining and Kauri, the Coromandel is now popular for tourism especially ecotourism. Enjoy a boat trip to see the incredible islands, reefs, blowholes, bays and the impressive sea cave at Cathedral Cove where parts of the Narnia film took place. This area is also home to various different marine life including dolphins, little blue penguins and fish (not guaranteed) Then take in the beautiful bush scenery on the 1-hour train ride at the Driving Creek Railway. Once at the top, you will be in awe with the panoramic views over the islands. Before you head back to Auckland you will get the unique experience of digging your very own private natural spa pool at the famous Hot Water Beach. Note: we can also offer transfers to charter boats, seaplane or Helicopter on request. Please advise dietary requirements when making the booking.
- You'll start atAuckland CentralAuckland Central, Auckland, New ZealandSee address & details
- 1Auckland CentralStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 2Cathedral Cove WalkStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Hot Water BeachStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll end atAuckland CentralAuckland Central, Auckland, New ZealandSee address & details
Auckland Central, Auckland, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Proffessional guide
- Picnic Lunch
- Snacks and Water complimentary
- Spade provided to dig hole at hot water beach
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral Cove Walk
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
It was a fantastic trip! We enjoyed so much the beautiful beaches, like the hot water beach, Cathedral Cove, and the train in Coromandel town as well. Simon was a very professional guide and a very kind person!
Date of experience: November 2019
1 Helpful vote
Response from AucklandnBeyond, Manager at Private Trip to Coromandel
Responded 23 Nov 2019
Dear Luca, Thank you for sharing your feedback about The Coromandel Peninsula Day Trip From Auckland by Auckland and Beyond Tours. I agree, this tour combines breath taking views, scenic routes, mind blowing beaches and much more! It is definitely a not to be missed destination while in New Zealand.. A must do! Wish you a safe trip back home & hope to see you again soon on another adventure.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Auckland & Beyond Tours
Exceptional service, driver and experience on our outing today!
My family and I took the Hobbiton movie set tour today and John was our host. He was excellent and we enjoyed his c…
Great visit to Middle Earth
Always wanted to visit Hobbiton (The Shire) since being a kid and the best way to see it was through Auckland & Bey…
We visited for a few hours in the afternoon. Such a helpful and friendly welcome on arrival. The art is outstanding…
Great day trip to Matakana winery
We went with Peter and Mai to Brick Bay in Matakana with a group of other blind guide dog volunteers and all of us …
Good Tour, normal hospitality
Our driver Simon was a nice & friendly guy. Overall, I enjoyed the experience. I want to share my experience both g…
I have wanted to do the Hobbiton Tour for many years now and in October 2018 it finally happened. I took my sister …
Waiotapu Thermal Wonderland
03/06/2020 Our Trip was terrific! Our guide, Tania was outstanding! She kept us engaged in describing the city and …
Hobbion movie Set day tour from Auckland with Tania
It was fantastic! Hobbiton far exceeded my expectations and Tania was a great guide. The drink at the Green Dragon …
Hobbitown is amazing!
We had the best time on this tour. Our driver from Auckland to Hobbiton and back, David B, was accommodating, frie…
Overall the tour was okay. I enjoyed the Hobbiton but was disappointed with the geothermal park. I was really looki…
Very friendly, always made sure you where looked after. Enjoyed the commentary heading to and from the attraction. …
Great friendly service
We went on two trips, one to the Bay of Islands and one to west of Auckland. They were both timely , efficient and …
Peter and his crew along our Staying In differents citeis In New Zealand Was terrific. Thanks for sharing with ou…
All I needed to see the Shire
There was optional pickup from the airport that cost an extra 80 NZ dollars, but worth it for me. The car was extre…
Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves
Chris was lovely!!! We went to Hobbiton and also to Waitomo Caves. The van was really good, with places to charge m…
- Duration: 12h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English, Arabic
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,714 travellers!
from NZ$239.20* NZ$299.00
Popular: Booked by 1,289 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Trip to Coromandel
- Private Trip to Coromandel will start at 6:00 AM. Discover and book Private Trip to Coromandel on Tripadvisor
- Private Trip to Coromandel price starts from $729.11. Discover and book Private Trip to Coromandel on Tripadvisor
- Private Trip to Coromandel cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Trip to Coromandel on Tripadvisor
- Private Trip to Coromandel is hosted by Auckland & Beyond Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Auckland & Beyond Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Trip to Coromandel on Tripadvisor