View all photos (50)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
If you only have one day to discover Auckland, this tour squeezes in as many must-see sights as possible. See the Sky Tower and Auckland Harbour Bridge, explore neighborhoods such as Ponsonby and Devonport, and take in the views from One Tree Hill, then spot gannets at Muriwai Beach and enjoy wine tasting along the Kumeu wine trail.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Muriwai Gannet ColonyStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 2North Head Historic ReserveStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 3Achilles PointStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 4Auckland DomainStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 5Soljans Estate WineryStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6RiverheadStop: 45 minutes -See details
- 7RemueraStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 8Mount EdenStop: 30 minutes -See details
You'll end at
Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
See address & details
- Maximize your time with an itinerary packed with top attractions
- Convenient hotel pickup and round-trip transport
- This tour is limited to a maximum of 11 or 14 persons
- Spectacular Auckland views from One Tree Hill, Achilles Point.
What to Expect
After hotel pickup, set out to discover Auckland by air-conditioned minibus, starting with a scenic drive along the North Shore. Stop to take photos of the famous Auckland Harbour Bridge and Waitemata Harbour, en-route to Devonport, then hop out to stroll the seafront promenade. Continue along the coast, stopping at lookout points such as North Head, from where you can spot Rangitoto Island; Misson Bay, and Bastion Point. Back in the city, pass Viaduct harbour and the Sky Tower, before taking a walk around the beautiful parks of One Tree Hill and the Auckland Domain. Visit the popular Ponsonby neighborhood for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) and some time to browse the many boutiques and galleries. Then, pay a visit to Muriwai Beach, home to one of New Zealand’s most important Gannet breeding colonies. End your tour with wine tasting in the Kumeu wine region, before being dropped back at your hotel.
Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at Downtown Centrally Situated Hotels or Cruise Ships
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entry/Admission - Soljans Estate Winery
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Some easy walking is involved. Comfortable shoes recommended
- Minimum Age is 10 years
- We can provide this tour to groups larger than 11 by discussions with Viator and ourselves
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Auckland Scenic Tours
Westerly, Rhode Island134
Long bus ride
Pro: Hobbiton and the Waitomo Glowworm Caves were both great places to visit. Hobbiton is a must for a Lord of…
5-Star Full-day Tour of Auckland's Most Attractive Sites and Beautiful Scenes
David, our tour guide, was fun and engaging, and very knowledgeable about the past and present history of…
Linda & Bill’s excellent adventure
We visited Auckland January 21, 2020. Booked Auckland Scenic Tours for the day with two other couples. Excellent…
Auckland Central, New Zealand61
Fantastic day trip from Auckland
We really enjoyed this tour. Hobbiton was much larger than expected and so well kept. Our guide Dave was very…
Fun place to visit
Fun place to see and very well kept area. The food was great too. I do think it was a little too expensive though.
Excellent, I'm a LOTR fan but actually enjoyed the Glowworms more!
Great day out this, really was enjoyable! Our guide for the day was Dwayne who was great! So the Hobbiton Movie…
Very Cool Experience!
Our drivers name was Matt and he was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and focused on all of his passengers…
Auckland Central, New Zealand30
Amazing! So fun, great guide and worth the money! Very nice tour guides at Hobbiton and the caves also.
Best. Day. Ever. Thanks, Duane!
Everything about this day was magical. Hobbiton was beautiful and it was unexpectedly moving to see stories that…
Great tour and guide
We had a wonderful time at Hobbiton and the glowworm caves. Our tour guide Dwayne was fantastic as well. Very…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071