View all photos (671)
Book by March 31 to save 15% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Get to know Bruny Island’s gourmet qualities and rugged beauty on this full-day guided tour from Hobart. Combine tastings of chocolate, cheese, and oysters with sightseeing at Adventure Bay and in the South Bruny National Park. You also tour the Cape Bruny Lighthouse and eat a locally-sourced lunch.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1SeaLink Bruny Island FerryStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2The NeckStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Cape Bruny LighthouseStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Bruny Island Lighthouse ToursStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Bruny Island SafarisStop: 10 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 6Get Shucked Oyster BarStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 7Bruny Island HoneyStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 8Bruny Island Chocolate CompanyStop: 25 minutes -See details
- 9Bruny Island Cheese CompanyStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 10Hotel BrunyStop: 20 minutes -See details
See 2 more stops
See Important Information for details
- Learn about Bruny Island through its sights, wildlife, and local produce
- Get to know local purveyors with honey, chocolate, cheese, and cider tastings
- Guided tour of the Cape Bruny Lighthouse sets this tour apart from many others
- Tour includes park fees, round-trip ferry tickets, and locally sourced lunch
- Convenient Hobart hotel pickup and drop-off makes this guided tour easy
What to Expect
After pickup from your Hobart hotel, board a ferry for the brief D'Entrecasteaux Channel crossing. Upon arrival on Bruny Island, journey to the Neck, which divides the island’s northern and southern sections. Stop by the Adventure Bay where your guide prepares a picnic style morning tea of warm wood fired breads, award winning cheeses, and juicy fresh oysters. Next, walk down a rain forest trail to search for white wallabies on the way to the Cape Bruny Lighthouse. Tour the lighthouse and look out to sea for humpback and southern right whales. After a cider tasting and locally sourced lunch at Hotel Bruny, visit an oyster farm, a honey company, a chocolate shop, and the island’s cheese company. Work off some calories on a bush stroll, during which your guide discusses Bruny’s flora and fauna. Return to Hobart with convenient drop-off at your hotel.
- Mouth watering lunch menu. Seafood platters, slow cooked lamb, seafood chowder and more local foods.
- Morning Tea, rustic picnic style with Bruny Cheese, Oysters and Wood-fired Oven Bread
- Ferry Fares, Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour and all food tasting costs
- Unique exclusive group Tasmania lead by a local guide
- Visit to the Hounds Tooth Whisky Distillery, newest Tassie Distillery (Not always open)
- Hotel pick-up and Drop-off from select Hobart hotels
- Entry/Admission - SeaLink Bruny Island Ferry
- Entry/Admission - The Neck
- Entry/Admission - Cape Bruny Lighthouse
- Entry/Admission - Bruny Island Lighthouse Tours
- Entry/Admission - Bruny Island Safaris
- Entry/Admission - South Bruny National Park
- Hounds Tooth Whisky Tasting
- Bruny Island Cider Tasting Experience
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 20 people on each bus. Smaller group buses also available.
- Specific dietary requirements can be discussed with Tour Guide on the day
- Booster seats available on request for children aged 2- 6 years - a seat must be booked.
- Start and finish time is approximate and subject to change
- Please advise if booking infants under the age of 2
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please dress warm and wear suitable shoes.
- Bring a water bottle and refill from our freshly filled water containers.
- We are the only operator with exclusive access to the Cape Bruny Lighthouse
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Bruny Island Safaris
all dollars well spent
I bought this tour as a surprise birthday gift for my partner. We had the best 1o hours time of our Tasi visit.…
Bruny lighthouse tour
Absolutely fabulous, definitely worth doing. We really enjoyed the commentary and the view was spectacular.
Surfers Paradise, Australia31
Bruny Island Lighthouse
Great place to visit, our guide was very informative with excellent knowledge, but the scenery speaks for itself. …
What a great day with an excellent driver/guide Ric, with such a wealth of local knowledge, being a long time…
Brunt Island lighthouse
Brilliant tour with Matt who was funny, entertaining and provided lots of interesting facts about the lighthouse,…
The complete package!
What a great day! From pickup to drop off, well orchestrated, covering all the “bases”. Grant worked hard to…
Bring food and sights
Great driver with lots of local information and a passion for Bruny and it's wildlife. Lighthouse tour was…
Fantastic day trip to Bruny Island
Steve (our guide) was amazing! His knowledge about the island and also the aboriginal history was fantastic. We…
Bruny Island - a must visit when in Hobart
Firstly, thank you Steve, our wonderful driver/guide for the day! He is friendly and has extensive knowledge of…
Fabulous day trip fulfilling all the company has promised with wonderful commentary by Rick. Good food all the…
- Duration: 10h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071