During your stay in Cairns, travel north to visit beautiful beach side community of Palm Cove. There are three daily departures to choose from, departing Carins at 8:30am, 10:30am or 12:30pm. Pick-up is from your accommodation. Your trip takes about 30 minutes passing through sugar cane farmland, and then alongside the eastern slopes of the rain forest-covered Kuranda Range. If you are lucky, you may even see wild wallabies and red tailed black cockatoos along the way.
In Palm Cove, find your own little piece of paradise. Some suggestions of things to do include:
• Walk for miles along the beautiful white sandy beach
• Take a refreshing swim in the patrolled swimming enclosure.
• Check out the locals fishing along the seafront jetty, and enjoy the fantastic views.
• Have coffee or a leisurely lunch at one of the many restaurants and cafe's along the waterfront esplanade (at own expense).
• Enjoy cool sun-downers at one of several fully licenced bars (at own expense).
• Reward yourself with a spa treatment or massage (at own expense).
• Hire a kayak or jetski (at own expense). Paddle out and around Double Island and "Scouts Hat" Islands located just offshore.
• Sport a 9-hole Golf Course located an easy 1km walk from the beach.
• You will be picked up from Palm Cove at 1:45pm or 5pm to be taken back to your accommodation in Cairns. You can choose your departure time as your day unfolds - no need to decide when you arrive - just relax, enjoy, and see where the day takes you.