View all photos (32)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest reef system, and there are few better places on earth to learn to scuba dive. This 4-day PADI open water dive course offers the ideal introduction, with expert instruction both in and out of the water, two full-day scuba diving excursions along the Great Barrier Reef including lunch on board, and official PADI dive certification upon completion of the course.
- Official course for PADI Open Water Dive Certification
- Four guided scuba dives along the Great Barrier Reef
- Hassle-free daily transfers from your Cairns hotel
- Small-group classes of up to eight participants
What to Expect
The PADI open water course is the leading certification course for scuba divers and suitable for complete beginners. During your 4-day training course, spend the first two days learning the theory with classroom lessons and practice basic scuba diving skills, safety drills, and correct ascending and descending techniques during training sessions in a swimming pool. Once you are fully prepared, put your skills to the test in the open waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy two full-day cruises, each including two guided scuba dives—four dives in all—and experience the underwater wonders of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your instructor will be with you every step of the way to ensure that you stay safe and maximize your chances of spotting marine life, such as tropical fish, reef sharks, stingrays, and sea turtles. Both cruises include a delicious barbecue buffet lunch served on board. Upon completion of the course, you will receive your PADI Open Water Dive Certificate, which allows you to scuba dive up to a depth of 60 feet (18 meters), join certified dive tours, rent diving equipment, and take part in advanced PADI diving courses.
Cairns, Cairns, Cairns Region, Queensland
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional diver
- Two Full Evolution Outer Reef Tours with 4 Training Dives
- PADI Open Water Manual
- PADI Photo Certification Card
- Two Passport Photos
- PADI Diver Log Book
- All Dive Equipment & Wetsuits
- Food and drinks
- The listed price does not include a AUD$40 per person levy surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. The levy surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not recommended for participants with heart or other serious medical conditions
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (e.g. asthma, heart conditions, etc.) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Students must be able to complete a basic swimming and floating test to complete this course.
- All students must complete a medical questionnaire before commencement of the course. If a medical issue is identified by the course instructor you may be required to obtain a full dive medical 400S.1 at your own expense from a local medical center.
- Students must be deemed fit by Dive Doctor before course commences. No asthma
- Please bring sunscreen, hat, change of clothes, swimsuit and a towel and cash or credit card for on board payment/purchases (fares, soft drink, chocolates, underwater camera, T-shirts)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Down Under Cruise & Dive
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois262
We had reserved our trip to Green Island Great Barrier Reef with glass bottom boat and semisubmersible submarine…
Affirmed my desire to be a Marine Biologist
I went on a two-day trip with Down Under back in January and it was the best time I've had in Australia. The crew…
Advance scuba ticket
I did my Advanced Scuba ticket through Down Under Cruise and Dive. The instructor Dan was great and kept things…
I would trust Josh, the scuba diving instructor, with my LIFE.
Do one thing everyday that scares you, I told myself. WELL. I got jipped and my brain's the culprit. Let me tell…
Best boat tour ive ever done in the wold
Hands down one of the best tours ive been to in the whole globe, it was well equipped, well staffed and we had the…
A fantastic experience
It’s a great trip, definitely recommend everyone go to the reef as it is an experience of a lifetime. The…
Long Beach, California60
Good crew and fantastic dive
The crew is very professional. The dive is great. Activities are mostly well-organised. However, I experienced a…
Incredibly Beautiful and Amazing!! MUST BOOK!
I've spent the most amazing time in those 4 days with downunderdiveandcruise on my Open Water Diving Course. My…
AMAZING EXPERIENCE DIVING WITH THE TROPICAL FISH, TURTLE AND WALLY
The welcome of the crew was warm and friendly The dive brief was very thourough. helpfull team everywhere you turn…
What a day. From the minute we stepped on the boat to the minute we left we can not fault them. My husband had…
- Down Under Cruise & Dive
- Duration: 4 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071