View all photos (42)
Book by February 28 to save 20% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Experience Kings Canyon on this customizable day trip from Ayers Rock. Leave the details and logistics to your guide—just choose whether you want a strenuous trek on the canyon rim or an easier one on the creek bed. You can also opt for a camel ride after breakfast at the Kings Creek cattle station. End the tour based on the option you booked—returning to Ayers Rock Resort or continuing to Alice Springs.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Kings Creek StationStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Kings CanyonStop: 4 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Kings Canyon ResortStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
See Important Information for details
- Choose your adventure with a customizable hiking experience in Kings Canyon
- Stops for breakfast (included) and lunch (own expense,) so you don't have to carry food with you
- Learn about the aboriginal history and geology of the site from your guide
- Transportation options make for a relaxing experience
What to Expect
Start out your adventurous day with convenient pickup at your Ayers Rock Resort accommodation, which means you don't have to worry about navigating or directions on the way into the Red Centre. Spend the ride relaxing and snapping photos of the rugged scenery before reaching Kings Canyon for your trek. Stop for breakfast at the cattle station, a family-run operation that offers camel rides (own expense), so you can see how the early Australian settlers experienced the Outback for the first time. Continue to Watarrka National Park, where your guide will fill you in on the history and geology of the sandstone gorge, as well as its sacred meaning to the Lilla and Ulpinyali people. Choose between two walk options in the canyon: the 3.5-mile (6-kilometer) strenuous Rim Walk or the more leisurely Creek Bed Walk, which runs 1 mile (2 kilometers) along the valley floor. Refuel with lunch (own expense) and a swim at Kings Canyon Resort before returning to Ayers Rock or catching another coach to Alice Springs.
- Professional Local Guide
- Pickup from all hotels within Ayers Rock Resort
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB, air conditioning & W/C
- Breakfast at an Kings Creek Station- a working cattle and camel station!
- Learn all about the outback and spectacular Kings Canyon with your expert local guide
- 6 km hike around the Kings Canyon Rim Walk- 3hrs
- Option of shorter Kings Canyon Creek Bed Walk- 1 hr return
- Free time at Kings Canyon Resort to grab yourself some lunch (own expense)
- Free time at Kings Canyon Resort for a swim after your Rim Walk!
- Drop off at all Ayers Rock Resort hotels
- Entry/Admission - Kings Creek Station
- Entry/Admission - Kings Canyon
- Lunch and Drinks
- Entry/Admission - Kings Canyon Resort
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to steep and uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy walking shoes
- A minimum of 3 litres of water is required for those participating in the 6km Rim Walk. The supplier will provide water, you just need to bring your own water bottles!
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- While this tour isn't suitable for guests travelling in a wheelchair due to the nature of the walks involved, guests in a wheelchair are welcome on our tours provided they are accompanied by an able-bodied companion and do not require assistance from the supplier to embark and disembark the vehicle.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: AAT Kings
Tour was really great. Guide picked us up on time and he provided lot of info about tour. He knew lot about…
Uluru experience anazing
Our whole experience from beginning was exceptional, the tour guides were fantastic , full of knowledge, fabulous…
Quick and easy
Coach for your accommodation is sign posted at the airport . Collect your luggage than board your coach it’s a…
Wow wow wow Dylan and Kayla(nzgirl) AAT Kings what 2 great amazing ambassadors do you have Loved our trip Then…
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom10
Team are amazing
Amazing the team from AAT Kings are, they made the experience worthwhile. Did the trip around Uluru , watched the…
Lancashire, United Kingdom51
What an amazing adventure with the invaluable knowledge of our guide Aaron the previous days trip was tedious to…
Wow! AAT Kings made our 2 day stay in Uluru. Took their afternoon trip around Uluru and then watched the sunset.…
Better than Uluru
I did the tour in early February, meaning the temperatures are high. However, it meant a small group of four plus…
Absolute Must!!! Amazing Experience
Travelled from Ayers Rock Resort to Kings Canyon with driver Joey and guide Will. They were very helpful,…
Transfer from Alice Spring to Ayers Rock
Our day started early with a 0625 pickup from Alice Springs Our Driver/ Guide Sol was an absolute gem full of…
- Duration: 12h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071