Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Experience the thrill of riding a snowmobile through the frozen Gulf of Finland in the company of a guide, a feat you wouldn't (and shouldn't) undertake on your own. This tour follows a route of forest trails and includes a break with provided hot drinks and lunch around a campfire. Round-trip transportation from Helsinki to the remote jumping-off point makes for a seamless experience.
- You'll start atCity BikesSenaatintori, 00170 Helsinki, FinlandThe starting point is at the Senate Square, South of the Alexander statue.See address & details
- 1Burn Out City EventsStop: 4 hoursOur guide will meet you at the Senate Square (Big White Church) and drive you to the snowmobile center with a car or minivan. When you arrive you will be provided with a warm snowsuit, boots, gloves, balaclava and helmet. A short safety briefing and driving instructions is then given to you. You will set off in a convoy led by the guide. On the snowmobile adventure you will experience the beautiful frozen archipelago with your attentive local guides. You will make several stops during the tour and the guide will explain to you about living in the archipelago. At an island you will make a longer break and enjoy a Finnish BBQ lunch and warm drinks. During the lunch break you have a chance to try ice fishing and kick sleds. After the break you will continue your adventure back to the snowmobile center. This experience will give you a memory for life. After the snowmobile tour your guide will drive you back to Helsinki. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, or you can upgrade if you want one to yourself. Driving a snowmobile is easy and fun! Our pickup van will be driving a route according to the schedule below: 9:00 Helsinki Cathedral/ Senate Square 9:30 Snowmobile Base 12:30 Start from Snowmobile base 13:00 Back at Senate Square/ Helsinki Please be on time!Read more
- You'll end atCity BikesSenaatintori, 00170 Helsinki, FinlandThe starting point is at the Senate Square, South of the Alexander statue.See address & details
- Get far outside the confines of urban Helsinki with the expertise of a guide
- Full-immersion learning experience about life in the archipelago
- Round-trip transportation makes for a seamless experience
- Thermal suit, all equipment, and warming lunch and beverages included
What to Expect
After convenient pickup in Helsinki, head for the adventure center to suit up in a warm thermal snowsuit, balaclava, gloves, boots, and a helmet—way more gear than would fit in your suitcase. Once you're suited up and ready to face the Arctic elements, jump on a snowmobile (one vehicle per two adults) and head off in a convoy led by a guide who knows the area well. Zip through the archipelago on a series of forest trails and around the frozen Gulf of Finland, stopping to get epic views and hear detailed commentary on life (human and animal) in the islands. Take a longer break on one remote island for a barbecue lunch over the campfire, prepared in the traditional Lappish way, and warm beverages to keep the cold at bay. Opt to explore further with a snowshoeing or ice fishing activity, then head back to the snowmobile center, and end your tour with drop-off in Helsinki.
City Bikes, Senaatintori, 00170 Helsinki, Finland
Returns to original departure point
- Lunch and hot drinks
- Pickup and drop-off from City Centre
- Professional guide
- Snowmobile safari approx. 20-30 km
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 15 years are allowed to participate as passengers
- Not suitable for children aged 5 and younger
- Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable snow conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
absolutely brilliant the scenery is stunning the guys that take care of us are excellent know there job thank you for a very great day
Date of experience: March 2019
We had prebooked the snowmobile safari and we’re so glad that we did. It gave a real focus to our weekend away. Our eldest (16) and the 10 year old had a super time and fitted in the gear provided and were really toasty. It was surreal to be charging across the frozen…
2 Helpful votes
This is a must do trip in Helsinki! The scenery is stunning and the guys that run the trip are brilliant! Thank you very much for a great day out and all the photos you took, it was a real highlight for us both!
1 Helpful vote
LoveTravel628769 wrote a review Feb 2019Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom4 contributions3 helpful votes
We could not have had a better time with Anders and Henrik showing us the Helsinki Archipelago on a beautiful morning. Both guides were so friendly and welcoming from the offset. The service is second to none and we really feel that it’s excellent value for money considering…
1 Helpful vote
redsox-wanderer wrote a review Jan 2019Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom14 contributions8 helpful votes
we visited in january 2019 and we had an incredible day. the equipment and snowmobiles are all high quality, clean and well maintained. Kenneth gave us a magical tour of the archipelago and answered all of our questions - he's lived there almost all of his life and is very…
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Burn Out City Events
We had initially booked the Snowmobiling Safari but received an email from Anders to say that due to lack of snow (…
The best event provider in Finland!!
We had a perfect day and program at the sea with Burn Out City. The Finnish archipelago was beautiful as always and…
I had THE best time! Highly recommend this tour - great vehicles, excellent guides, delicious lunch, the best view…
We contacted burn out city for advice on other experiences as the water wasn't frozen enough for a snow mobile tour…
Snowmobile Tour March 2018
We took a 3.5 hour Snowmobile tour. It was one of the best experiences. Both Henrik and Anders quickly responded to…
In the beginning I thought it was going to be a short bike ride but it was so much more. The guide who took us on r…
This is a must if you go through Helsinki in winter
I was not at all sure what to expect. However this turned out to be the best part of my trip to Helsinki. This wa…
Can't recommend this experience enough! Kenneth and Anders were amazing guides, so welcoming and fun. So much more …
Exciting tour, breathtaking scenery.
Definitely worth the time and money. All the necessary clothing are provided to keep you warm and cozy. Lunch was g…
We really enjoyed our trip to the archipelago with Burnout. The people were all very friendly and helpful - making …
Awesome snowmobile safari !!
Well done team Burn Out City. My wife and I booked the snowmobile safari and love loved it. So well organised. Coll…
Snowmobiling in Lapland, Finland.
A must do if you are staying the resort. There is nth in like it!!! The guides are wonderful. They supply all the g…
Simply the best !
My husband, I and 3 boys (18, 16, 12) had booked the half day snowmobile safari from Ireland. All the communication…
Wouldn't It Be Ice...
A fantastic experience so well organised and delivered from the moment of the hotel pick through to when you are hu…
Memories are made of this...
We decided to book for the half day safari with lunch. We were collected from our hotel by Henrik and taken to Espo…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Swedish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 241 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch
What time does Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch start?
Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch on Tripadvisor
How much is Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch?
Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch price starts from $411.29. Discover and book Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch on Tripadvisor
What is the Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch cancellation policy?
Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch?
Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch is hosted by Burn Out City Events. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Burn Out City Events on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Snowmobile Safari in Helsinki Archipelago with Lunch on Tripadvisor