View all photos (163)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Take a deep dive into the Danish concept of hygge on this Copenhagen walking tour. Most often translated as "coziness," the concept is important to Danish culture, and understanding it helps travelers get a handle on the ways of the Danes. Through a guide's commentary and stops at off-the-beaten-path historical sites you may have missed on your own, come to a deeper understanding of the city, country, and its people.
You'll start at
Krokodillegade 21, 1326 København, DenmarkIn front of the Christian IV statue in Nyboder. At the intersection between Øster Voldgade and Kronprinsessegade. Map address: Krokodillegade 21, 1326 København.
See address & details
- 1Nyboders MindestuerStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2KrusemyntegadeStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 3Det Rene BrødStop: 20 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Kongens HaveStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 5Rosenborg CastleStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 6PistolstrædeStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 7Nikolaj KunsthalStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 8Christiansborg PalaceStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 9Bertels SalonStop: 20 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
You'll end at
Læderstræde, København, DenmarkCopenhagen City Centre, Læderstræde
See address & details
- Walking tour of off-the-beaten-path Copenhagen spots preferred by locals
- In-depth explanation of what hygge means to the Danish from a guide
- Included coffee and pastry from a local coffee shop
- Guide provides suggestions of places to visit once your tour is over
What to Expect
Meet your guide and group near Nyboder, a neighborhood chock-full of 17th-century yellow houses. Walk down small streets you may not have found otherwise, listening to commentary on the concept of hygge, a quality important to Danish culture. Stop at a coffee shop for a coffee and pastry, and then head for Rosenborg Palace Gardens (Kongens Have), also known as the King’s Garden. There, explore the quaint space and hear how it became an early public park. Wander down some of the city’s oldest streets and stop at an organic chocolate shop for a tasting of its homemade candy. Cross the popular pedestrian street, Strøget, lined with elements of Danish design that typify hygge. Learn about Danish government and how the country is influenced by hygge. Stop by one more cozy, quaint garden before finishing up in a local cafe with a better understanding of hygge in all its forms. The tour ends in central Copenhagen.
Krokodillegade 21, 1326 København, Denmark
Læderstræde, København, Denmark
- Local English-speaking guide
- One-on-one recommendations for further exploring the city
- Coffee and/or Tea
- A small treat
- Lots of Danish hygge
- Additional food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Nyboders Mindestuer
- Entry/Admission - Det Rene Brød
- Entry/Admission - Rosenborg Castle
- Entry/Admission - Nikolaj Kunsthal
- Entry/Admission - Soren Kierkegaard Statue I Bibliotekshaven
- Entry/Admission - Bertels Salon
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear suitable footwear for walking, and bring an umbrella or rain jacket in case of rain.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of six and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of six are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of six.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Your tour supports a small, independent local business where your local guide will provide you with a tasty, sustainable slice of Copenhagen as a souvenir you can take home with you. The souvenir has been created locally and the production fuels daily interaction between animals, humans from various backgrounds, and nature to help create a greener city that buzzes with life.
- Most travellers can participate
- Please note, we won't access the inside of any of the buildings located at the following places: The Kings Yellow Houses, Rosenborg Castle, Christiansborg Palace, The Old Stock Exchange and Nikolaj Kunsthal. Instead we will experience all of them from the outside.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
About the operator
By: Copenhagen Urban Adventures
New York City, New York47
Informative interesting tour of cool off-beat multi-ethnic Norrebro
Frankly, I wasn't sure what to expect from the Norrebro tour, but I like seeing a slice of real life in places…
The detailed, friendly, communicative & informative tour
It was one of the most amazing & fun tours we had!! Pauline, our guide was the best!! The hygge culture was…
Great all around tour
Kristian was a passionate and informative guide showing us not only the highlights of Copenhagen but hidden gems…
We had a great time on this tour, Kristian was an awesome guide and had lots of great information about the…
Rumson, New Jersey10
Love me some "HYGGE"
OMG! We took the tour at the start of our trip, on a rainy cold January day. So much fun. Our Tour ended up being…
Great overview culture & sights of Copenhagen
Our guide Jacob did an amazing job of really helping us understand what makes life in Copenhagen so special and…
Really great experience, brilliant tour guide!
We only had a short trip but I’m glad we chose to do this. Our tour guide Kristian Ejlebæk Nielsen was really nice…
Hygge and happiness
Jacob was a well spoken well presented well informed guide he made our experience fun and interesting. Thank you…
Great dive into Danish history and culture
Jens led our little party of three on a wonderful walking tour of central Copenhagen. Jens managed to cram…
Had a wonderful experience with Jacob as our guide. He was extremely knowledgeable and personable. He shared about…
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071