View all photos (20)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The west-Crete towns of Chania and Rethymnon are within day-trip distance of Heraklion, but experiencing their history and charms is difficult without a hire car. This tour takes self-drive and public buses out of the equation; with round-trip transport and onboard commentary along the way. Enjoy free time to explore Chania’s harborside and lanes; delve into Rethymnon Old Town; and round off the day with a stop at Lake Kournas.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Chania Venetian LighthouseStop: 90 minutes -See details
- 2Rethymnon Old TownStop: 90 minutes -See details
- 3Lake KournasStop: 90 minutes -See details
You'll end at
Heraklion, GreecePick-up from the bus stop next to your hotel. From Agia Pelagia, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Gournes, Carteros, Kokkini Hani, Malia, Sissi, Stalida, Hersonissos and other resort villages of the Heraklion region. After booking we will contact you to arrange the pick-up.
See address & details
- Visit Chania, Rethymnon, and Lake Kournas on a tour from Heraklion area
- Three west-Crete sights in a day, minus the fuss of hire cars or buses
- Free time to roam Chania’s and Rethymnon’s Old Towns and relax at the lake
- Benefit from onboard commentary and tips; plus hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
- Information about the island and the route during the bus ride
- Pick-up from your hotel (at the specific tourist bus stop, outside of the hotel)
- Transfer with air-conditioned bus
- Provided free time to have a lunch/coffee on your own.
- Entrance fees to museums/sights, individual expenses.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- If an infant does not sit on lap in the bus, It is necessary to pay a child ticket.
- Pick-up from the specific bus stops next to the hotels. From Area 1: all the villages between Fodele, Agia Pelagia, Xeropotamos(West Heraklion), Area 2: Heraklion Center and East, Carteros, Kokkini Hani, Gouves, Gournes, Hersonissos, Stalida, Malia, Sissi.
- After booking we will contact you to arrange the pick-up. Please, note, if you do not provide your pick-up details up to 24 hours before the tour, we do not guarantee the pick-up. For pick-up from different location, please, contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Thanks to this fantastic traveler agency! They took care about everything, so we had nothing to worry about! Just to enjoy this beautiful island. Definitely will come back to Crete! And i will contact you guys for more trips!
Response from StatusMLB_Travel, Public Relations Manager at West Crete Day Tour: Chania, Rethymno, Lake Kournas - from Heraklion region
Responded 20 Apr 2019
Thank you so much and we are waiting for you! All the best!
Read 11 more reviews on Viator
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Status MLB Travel Agency
This is why you are here
Museum is top notch I always knew there is so little Minoan art - you can really see how well the pieces they have…
Well worth a visit if only for the trip across the water and the magnificent views back to the mountains and coast.…
Very nice aquariums with many interesting animals. Names of animals in more languages including Czech ;) Good resta…
brought the book to life
We loved this trip. It was amazing seeing the island and hearing the stories after reading the book. The guide was …
Stops: 1. Spinalonga 2. A little Island for lunch 3. Agios Nikolaos Review: 1. Very very interessting to see yours…
Historical day out
Picked up and dropped back at our hotel. Taken by coach, however you do pick up others on the way. Nice short boat …
Great day out
Great day out. We booked with Jet2 and cannot recommend this trip enough. The coach picked us up at the hotel and…
We stayed at Akti olous hotel and took the 4 hour trip to Spinalogka where you go on a guided tour with headphones …
Privat Tours in the western part of Krete
I booked two private tours and enjoyed them very much! I saw places which I wouldn't have seen otherwise. The guide…
We were lucky enough to book a last minute excursion from Heraklion to Chania and Rethymno. The tour was so enjoyab…
Agios Nikolaos is beautiful and very busy. Went with a tour company and felt you weren’t there long enough. Then a …
If you have read the book, you will want to go there.
A good days trip, which started with a coach pick up, a guide joining us when we got to Heraklion, a monastry, the …
Great day out
We caught the 'TOURLINE' coach at Agia Pelagia, and went over to Elounda where we got the boat to Kolokitha and the…
A beautiful day!
My family and I took the services of Status MLB Travel Agency to know and enjoy this wonderful place and I have to …
Great service and great team!
I bought several tours from Status MLB for myself, my guests and my parents, and we all were very satisfied. I alwa…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Russian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071