View all photos (72)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Tuscan capital of Florence is renowned as the birthplace of the Renaissance, and it’s full of magnificent monuments. This small-group Segway tour offers a fun and practical way to take in the sights and cover more ground, visiting attractions including the Uffizi Gallery, Florence Cathedral (the Duomo), and Piazza Santa Croce.
- See Florence sights, such as the Uffizi Gallery and Florence Cathedral
- Travel further than a walking tour on an electric-powered Segway
- A small group of up to six people ensure a personalized tour
- Live commentary and headphones so you can hear your guide on the go
What to Expect
Start your tour with an orientation session, where you’ll be shown how to operate your Segway, and have some time to practice independently before heading out into the city. Once you’re feeling comfortable, set off to explore Florence aboard your Segway—you will soon discover how much fun it is to zip between the sights, not to mention that it's much easier than walking or cycling! With headphones provided, you’ll be able to hear your guide’s commentary, even when you’re on the go, ensuring you don’t miss any of the sights along the way. During the tour, make several stops to admire Florence landmarks, such as Florence Cathedral, Palazzo Vecchio, and the Uffizi Gallery; glide around Piazza della Signoria and Piazza della Repubblica; and see the grand Basilica of Santa Croce on Piazza Santa Croce. After three hours taking in the highlights of Florence, your tour ends back at the departure point.
Via dei Cimatori, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Orientation session
- Guided Segway tour
- English Speaking Guide
- Headphones so you can hear guide tour clearly
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to monuments and museums
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos).
- All riders must be at least 16 years old.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Guests between the ages of 16 and 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- A valid ID document is required on date of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Cristina was amazing! Thank you for a great time on our Segway tour of Florence. Our family of 5 really enjoyed our time and saw the whole city in a few hours. It really helped us understand the city layout and top sites to make the most of our limited time. As mentioned we…
We have taken many Segway tours and find it is the best way to get a thorough over view of the city, in the shortest amount of time all without getting tired! Segway tours are great and our tour in Florence with Francesca was awesome. She is vey knowledgeable about the history,…
Superb tour guide who was very accommodating and friendly with excellent knowledge of the area and ability to answer a range of questions. We were shown how to use the Segway before leaving and once we got used to it, the whole experience was fantastic. This tour was the…
Date of experience: February 2020
We loved our 3 hour Segway tour of Florence. Being a first timer the instruction way very helpful and we managed to master the Segway easily. The guys at Fat Tire Tours were very friendly, spoke excellent English and made our tour very interesting and enjoyable. Such a great way…
Date of experience: January 2020
Great guide and very knowledgeable. Fat Tire Tours are the best as have used them in other European cities as well!
Date of experience: November 2019
Response from liamrog, General Manager at Florence Segway Tour
Responded 15 Jan 2020
Thank you! It is all about our guides - we choose the best, smartest and most fun guides to introduce you to our cities... hopefully see you again soon
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Fat Tire Tours - Florence
The food tour was really exquisite! Benadetta is a terrific guide: welcoming and enthusiastic. You can tell she lo…
When I first booked this I thought it was quite expensive but you absolutely get what you pay for. Bernadetta, our …
Not to be missed
Interesting conglomerate of restored and non-restored rooms. Some held amazing larger-than-life pieces frame-to-fra…
Eatingeurope.com with Francesco Weber.
On our recent trip to Florence my girlfriend and I decided the best way to see Florence was to eat it. We both work…
This tour was amazing! Not only is the Duomo a fantastic experience, the climb to the top of the Dome provided a f…
Excellent tour with Cristina! She did a wonderful job making sure everyone was comfortable and answered all of our…
From start to finish this was a fantastic experience. There were just 5 of us, which made it even better in my opin…
Skip-the-Line Florence Duomo with Brunelleschi's Dome Climb
Was looking forward to this experience during my time in Florence. Has been lovely looking up at the grand Cathedra…
Food Tour and Academia with City Sights a must
The food tour with Antonio was fantastic from wine and cheese, to olive oils and balsamic vinegar tasting, to a bla…
Best Way To See The City
Inna and I love to bike, so we took the Fat Tire Bike Tour with Brian. Every bike had the name of a famous Italian…
Climb the Dome
The tour consists of three parts: museum of Duomo (Cathedral), Duomo itself, climbing the dome to its rooftop terra…
We were very fortunate to have Andrea tour our family of five (three teenage boys). As a local with a passion for t…
Great attraction. Climbing to the top was very difficult for me, but worth it! The guide was great and it was a w…
Great tour and climb of the Dome
We met at the tour company 5 mins from the dome. The tour guide was a passionate local who was full of energy and l…
Excellent guide, small group made this tour GREAT
Our small group for this tour had only seven people. Our guide, Cristina, was terrific. Her English was great and…
- Gallerie Degli Uffizi, Piazza della Repubblica, and 11 more
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071