View all photos (132)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Vatican Museums, home to Raphael’s Rooms and the world-famous Sistine Chapel, are one of Italy’s most popular attractions: the crowds they attract pay testament to their popularity. Explore Renaissance masterpieces at your leisure with this exclusive VIP experience, which avoids the crowds by bypassing the beginning queues. You’ll be free to take in the incredible wall paintings without spending hours in line.
- Exclusive skip-the-line tickets to the Vatican Museum
- Save hours waiting in line with a priority admission ticket
- Upgrade to a tour with guided visit to St Peter’s Basilica
- Groups are limited to 20 people for intimate access
What to Expect
In Vatican City, get ready to pass by the crowds outside the museum with VIP admission tickets. You’ll bypass the beginning queues. Once inside, you’ll have lots of time to explore nine miles (14km) of art-filled galleries. Savor masterpieces in rooms like the Gallery of the Candelabra, which is lined with elegantly carved marble sculptures and candle-holders. You’ll also be free to wander at leisure through Raphael’s Rooms, four interconnecting galleries that are hung with paintings from the famous Renaissance master and his pupils. Enrich your knowledge of Italian geography in the Gallery of Maps, where you’ll find 16th-century plans of Italy. The best is saved for last. The final part of the museum complex is the blockbuster Sistine Chapel, which most people wait in line for hours to see. With special access to the museum, you’ll skip to the front of the crowds to see the legendary 15th-century chapel. With an optional upgrade, you can opt to explore the galleries with a guide.
- Small-group tour (if option selected)
- Exlusive Access to the Vatican Museum
- Map and a brief orientation at the beggining of the tour
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Stanze di Raffaello
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- On Wednesday you will be unable to include St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Square. This is due to the Papal Audience during which access to St. Peter's Basilica could be closed.
- While this ticket is a Skip the Line entrance, there is a security check that every passenger must go through. We cannot control the delay this might cause to entering the museum.
- We recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Check in at the meeting point was very easy and tour started in time. Our guide’s involved us in the art and history of the place. Of course the best tour in Rome!
The trip was well worth it. With a limited time we had in rome, it helped a lot skipping the long queues and gave us enough time inside. Also the guide was quite knowledgeable and explain some of the intricate details that goes ignored otherwise.
Date of experience: January 2020
Our tour guide Laura was awesome! A truly great experience. I usually don’t do tours but this one was well worth it.
The meeting place is not near the front of the Vatican, so allow plenty of time. The guide made sure we were correctly dressed before setting off. It was more crowded than I expected for that time of year. The square was being prepared for a special mass the following day.
Date of experience: October 2019
These tickets were very good value for money as you skip the long line for ticket entry but next time I would pay extra for a guide as they can take you to part of the vatican where you can't go if you haven't got a guide. Also when you get to the Sistene Chapel you have to go…
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: City Wonders
Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica Tour
Excellent tour with a very knowledgeable guide. We really enjoyed going round the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel.
Excellent tour through Pompeii and Naples
Very informative and helpful guides, always giving lots of background information, humorous commentary. Also receiv…
Blew me away
The detail and information provided in this tour was mind blowing and super interesting. I guess it helped that ou…
Terrible Customer Service
Booked the Colosseum Underground Tour. It is non-refundable. Italy is on lock-down and the boarders are closed. …
Colosseum and Forum with the amazing Allesandra
Absolutely loved our tour with Allesandra. She has a background in archaeology which was very evident in her detail…
Pompeii and Naples
Giulietta was a great guide, very friendly and informative. Pompei had long been top of my list to visit and I real…
Skip the line...Sistine chapel and Vatican museums
Loved the Vatican museums and Sistine...was great beating the crowds although with the emergence of the Corona viru…
A tour like no other.
This Vatican tour is rich in beauty and history. From the first steps to the steps of St. Peter’s, the art, in myri…
Great private Vatican experience
The young art Historian Francesca d‘Orazio led us briefly trough the Vatican museums an St.Peter‘s Basilica during …
Our tour guide, Divan, was amazing! Really friendly and informative. We were able to ask him questions on anything …
We took the tour on 29th Feb 2020 just before the country was closed down by the virus and the crowds very quite sm…
Excellent! Very knowledgeable guide who was able to bring to life the whole area especially the forum and palatine…
Our Roman Holiday
Fantastic tour, a great guide, very knowledgeable and enthusiastic a nice sized group the tour was a nice pace with…
A must see tour
Fabulous and very interesting tour including something a bit ‘different’. Andreas was a great guide, very knowledg…
Company sent a review survey instead of cancellation
Company sent a review survey instead of the cancellation. Leaving us showing up for the tour at 8am and waiting for…
- Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and 2 more
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071