Rome "the City of the Popes", symbol of the political and military greatness of the Roman Empire until the fourth century, then became the city of Peter and Paul, the two servants of the Lord both martyred in the Eternal City. It was precisely "the Christian Emperor" Constantine who legalized the cult of Jesus Christ in Rome, and right from the beginning of the fourth century the Christians of Rome began to give their city the religious imprint that still dominates after sixteen centuries. In addition to the four major Basilicas, owned by the Vatican and the Holy Father, there are more than nine hundred Christian churches in Rome. It would be impossible to visit them all but we chose for this tour Basilicas built in different centuries and with different decorations to offer our visitors the opportunity to learn the evolution of the Christian style from the beginning of the Christian era up to modern times.
We have chosen for you a list of Basilicas that you can visit during the tour. Talking to your guide you will have the opportunity to change your private tour ( Customizable tour).
- Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- San Pietro in Vincoli (Michelangelo's Moses)
- San Clemente (Underground)
- Catacombs of St. Callixtus or Saint Sebastian (Underground)
- Santa Maria sopra Minerva (Michelangelo's Christ the Redeemer)
- Sant'Ignazio (The Dome Illusion)
- San Luigi dei Francesi (Contarelli Chapel - Caravaggio)
- Santi Quattro Coronati (5th century Church)