Discover the unparalleled beauty of the home and gardens of Claude Monet where he lived and painted for the last 40 years of his life. Visit the interior of his home, and then stroll through the two distinctly unique gardens which Monet himself designed and modified throughout his life.
Join our half-day trip from Paris, and you’ll see a hundred different types of flowers and foliage intertwining to create some very colorful living art in Monet’s Flower Garden. Then you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped into one of his paintings when you visit the Japanese garden. Seeing the lake full of waterlilies you’ll understand why Monet used this garden as the inspiration for over 250 of his paintings.
- Monet’s Home: Visit the home where this leader in the Impressionist movement lived for more than 40 years.
- The Flower Garden: Planted with more than 100 different types of flowers which bloom and are pruned for different seasons this garden is breathtakingly beautiful at all times of the year.
- The Japanese Garden: This is where Monet spent most of his time painting the ever changing aspects of the waterlilies in his pond.
Live guide: Our live guide will give you an introduction to Monet’s life as well as show and explain some of his greatest works.
- Visual Aids: Your guide will carry photos taken throughout Monet’s life. You’ll be able to see the faces of his family members and himself in the gardens and home you visit as well as compare some of the works which he created in the gardens to what you can see today.
- Monet’s Gravesite: Visit the humble grave of this great man and hear about how his friends and family mourned his loss.
- Small Group: You will be in a group with no more than eight people and your guide. So individual attention and quality time with your guide can be guaranteed.
- Half-Day Tour: When you drive from Paris you can visit Giverny and be back to Paris in only four hours.
- Comfortable A/C Van: Ride in a brand new comfortable A/C van to and from Giverny. You can even pick up some souvenirs and we’ll put them in the back for you.
Maison et jardins de Claude Monet
Blue Fox Travel - Blue Bike Tours