View all photos (462)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 22 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Journey into the Scottish Highlands—famed for picturesque hills, lakes, and centuries of history—and then onwards to the Isle of Skye on this 3-day tour from Edinburgh. The small group size makes this trip feel more intimate, and it includes round-trip transit from Edinburgh via a top-of-the-range, 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach, so you can focus on admiring the scenery instead of navigating your own way through the countryside.
Edinburgh - Portree
Flexible full day touring around...
Portree - Edinburgh
- Round-trip included in a top-of-the-range, 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach for ease and comfort
- Choose from a B&B or 3-star hotel during your Isle of Skye stay
- See some of Scotland’s most popular sights, from Loch Ness to Glencoe
- Small-group tour for a more personalized experience
What to Expect
This 3-day adventure in the Scottish Highlands begins when you meet your guide at a convenient location in Edinburgh and set off via a top of the range, 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach. With only a small group of fellow travelers for company, you discover the area’s unique landscapes and rich history. On the first day, you head to Portree, the Isle of Skye’s largest town. En route, see the historic city of Stirling, Ben Nevis (Britain’s highest peak), and the hills and waterfalls of Glencoe. Enjoy free time to explore Portree in the evening before a night at a B&B or 3-star hotel—whichever you picked at checkout. The second day begins with a guided tour of the Isle of Skye. Depending on the weather, visit the 13th-century Dunvegan Castle, the rugged rock formations of Quiraing, or the sea cliffs at Neist Point, among other destinations. Your second night is again spent in Portree. On the third day, make your way back to Edinburgh, with plenty of sightseeing opportunities as you go. Pause at Loch Ness to see if you can spot Nessie (its sea monster), and admire the wild Grampian Mountains. The tour ends in early evening, upon return to Edinburgh.
Rabbie's Cafe Bar, 6 Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh EH1 3EG, UK
Returns to original departure point
- Travel by top of the range 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Two nights of B&B or 3-star hotel en-suite accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Admission fees
- Entry/Admission - Loch Ness
- Entry/Admission - Eilean Donan Castle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age for travel on this tour is 5 years
- Room preferences (e.g double room instead of twin room) should be noted upon booking in the Special Requirements section
- Family rooms are limited and may be available on request. Maximum of 2 Adults and 1 child in one room. Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children are not available
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Single rooms accommodate 1 person with 1 x UK Single / US Twin bed.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
If you cancel at least 22 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 21 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
About the operator
St. Andrews and Fife
Catty was an absolutely perfect tour guide and we loved the tour. She was very knowledgeable and accommodating.
Crawley, United Kingdom10
Can't recommend enough!!
This trip was amazing, our driver/guide was Bruce and he was so knowledgeable, friendly, funny and made us all…
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom3219
Handy place for a reasonably priced coffee. Staff friendly and helpful. My cake was so stale it felt like old…
The weather on the particular day was not so good and our guide told us that the Scottish would describe it as…
We had the absolute best time on our tour with Nick. The tour offers several stunning views, opportunities to…
The two day trip is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable trips I have ever went on. Whatever Rabbies planned for…
Great trip with Ashleigh
We went to this trip with high expectations and our guide totally fulfill it. Villages are beautiful. Weather was…
Buenos Aires, Argentina11
A warm and friendly day of history
Took the tour today with Jim as the driver. Couldn't have asked for a better experience for my first taste of…
New Smyrna Beach, Florida10
Highlands and Loch Ness day tour
This was the best possible way for me to see the highlands and feel free of driving or watching maps. The guide…
I didn't keep the itinerary for the Rabbie's tour we took but pretty sure it was this one, haha! I don't remember…
- Loch Ness, The Old Man of Storr, and 2 more
- Duration: 3 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 22 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 22 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071