View all photos (74)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Appreciating Mexico’s varied landscape can be difficult on an excursion that sticks to the main roads. Gain insight into the natural environment around Puerto Vallarta with an off-road trip to Sayulita by UTV. Enjoy a thrilling ride while traversing a riverbed, mountain trails, and creeks, and admire the rural and coastal landscapes along the way.
- Keep replenished with complimentary light snacks and water available throughout
- Discover the village of Sayulita, famous for its culture and beaches
- Gain insight into Mexico’s rugged natural terrain
- Stay safe under the guidance of a professional guide
What to Expect
Begin your trip at a location in Puerto Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta. Meet your group and board your transfer vehicle to Punta Mita. On arrival, receive a safety briefing from your professional guide, before strapping on your helmet and heading out on your utility task vehicle. Be lead away from the main road to drive through mountain trails, beaches, and creeks on your way to Sayulita. The caged vehicle adds security as you cruise across rugged terrain, passing rural villages, fields, and farms. Pause as you approach Sayulita and rest on a beach, before continuing into the village itself. Take in views of the coastal landscape, then park up to explore by foot. Stroll the streets and break for lunch at a local eatery (own expense). Afterward, buggy back to Punta Mita, enjoying the thrill of the ride, before concluding your journey with a transfer back to the original point of departure.
Vallarta Adventures, C, Mástil 13, Marina Vallarta, 48335 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico Vallarta Adventures, Las Palmas 39, 63732 Nuevo Vallarta, Nay., Mexico
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Safety briefing
- Light snack
- Purified water
- Use of UTV and helmet
- Transport from Puerto Vallarta/Nuevo Vallarta to Sayulita
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Insurance fee (USD$25)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8
- We recommend wearing jeans and comfortable walking shoes
- Minimum age to drive is 18
- UTV driver must present a valid driver's license
- It is recommended that you bring sunscreen, sunglasses and money for souvenirs
- Note: A US$25 non-refundable insurance fee for each ATV must be paid in cash on the day of the tour
- IMPORTANT: Passengers arriving on a cruise ship cannot book this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We did the Sayulita ATV tour and it was so much fun! You even get an hour to explore a small town. The guides were very nice and helpful. Adrian is a great tour guide!
Great day with unreal views,great stop in town with time for lunch at a beach side restaurant. Our guide Allan was very personal! Can’t wait to go back. I was on a knee scooter and our guide made every effort for a enjoyable trip.
Fun adventure on ATV up and down a beautiful mountain! Spent some time in town checking out the shops. Nice day excursion, fantastic tour guides!
Date of experience: January 2020
Visited while in PV on vacation with family; decided on the ATV excursion to Saluyita. The booking process was easy and efficient, and the departure from the marina well organized and on time. We did the trek with 2 teenagers who were under 18 so they could not drive. All in all…
We did the Sayulita Escape with VA, and enjoyed it very much. It’s an early morning, needing to be AT the VA office by 8 am but it’s also back home again by around 2 pm. We travelled about 45 minutes via highway on their “safari trucK’ - open air, and a bit rough, also a bit…
Date of experience: December 2019
About the operator
By: Vallarta Adventures
San Francisco, California123
Rhythm of the Night
Savia was an amazing production and we really loved the show. I would have rated this event higher if it had been…
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico5126
Reservation NOT Honored
Made a reservation online 10 days in advance. Arrived at time they asked. Once got out on dock with pass in hand…
Thanks for the sales presentations. We did 3 of them and made over $600US attending them. We will be back to do…
Rhythms Of The Night is a wonderful experience in a magical place. Nice dinner under the stars surrounded by…
Extreme adventure activites. I liked the New roller coaster in entire trip, Team is very sociable and there care…
Had an awesome day! Well worth it! Very professional guides that made us feel very safe. Would do it again for…
We all had a fantastic time! Tommy and the rest of the crew were the best guides you could hope for. So fun!
Snorkeling was just okay but the rest of the trip was fun
Overall a fun trip. The crew was very entertaining, which is great because most of the trip is on a boat. …
What a Thrill!!
We decided we needed something fantastic to do on a rainy, overcast day. We booked this adventure the day before.…
The guys on our boat were excellent! Lots of energy, and fun times! Even a fantastic show at the end!
- Marina Vallarta, Marina Nuevo Vallarta, and 2 more
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071