Get be picked up in the early morning by van from your hotel on the entire Phuket Island and head over to Haa Tanwa Beach Pier in Khao Lak. Meet the boat crew of Fantastic Similan Travel and enjoy a light breakfast before cruising by speed boat in less than 90 minutes to the Surin Islands.
Make the first snorkel stop at Chong Khat Bay where you can also walk on the sandbar which connects the 2 Surin Islands in low tide. Continue to Koh Surin Tai (the Southern Surin Island) to discover the natural way of life of the 150 Moken sea gypsies. The Chao Leh, which means 'The Sea People' in Thai, spend much of their lives on their boats, called 'kabang'. The Moken survive mainly through fish hunting and gathering of shellfish and other marine life from the reefs and mudflats.
Continue to Mai Ngam Beach for enjoying the beach life or some walking along the 2-kilometre hiking trail. Then indulge in a delectable picnic lunch at the beach near the park ranger station to fuel your energy for the next snorkeling sites.
Make your way to Mae Yai Bay where you can swim on vibrant coral reefs and spot colourful fish hovering around their natural habitats in calm waters. The last snorkel stop will be either at Sapparod Bay or at Tao Bay depending on the sea conditions. Jump into the clean and clear turquoise waters brimming with magnificent underwater aqua life.
After a lovely time, it is time to say goodbye to Surin Islands and to return to the pier in Khao Lak. Enjoy some sweets and coffee before returning to your accommodation in Phuket with happy smiles and an amazing story to tell your friends.
• 05:00 - 07:30: Hotel pickup in Phuket
• 07:30 - 08:30: Transfer by minivan to Khao Lak
• 08:30 - 09:00: Enjoy a light breakfast at Haa Tanwa Beach Pier
• 09:00 - 10:20: Cruise by speed boat to Surin Islands
• 10:20 - 11:20: Snorkel stop at Ao Chong Khad
• 11:20 - 12:20: Visit the Moken village
• 12:20 - 13:30: Have a picnic lunch near the park ranger station
• 13:30 - 14:30: Swim & relax at Ao Mae Yai
• 14:30 - 15:30: More snorkeling at Sapparod Bay or Tao Bay
• 15:30 - 17:00: Cruise back to the pier in Khao Lak
• 17:00 - 17:30: Enjoy some cakes and coffee at the pier
• 17:30 - 19:30: Transfer to the hotel in Phuket