Enjoy a complimentary shuttle from your hotel near Denali National Park with our friendly and professional drivers en route to our private airstrip, located approximately 8 miles south of the road entrance into Denali. The pick-up time at your hotel depends on your hotel location but is approximately 30-60 minutes prior to flight time.
Upon arrival at the airstrip, you will check in at our office and listen to a passenger map briefing to orient you to our location and the flight routes. Your pilot will escort you to one of our comfortable twin engine airplanes and provide a safety orientation to the aircraft before settling each passenger into a window seat. You will depart from the airstrip and in moments cross the Nenana River, the eastern boundary of the National Park. The exact flight route will depend on weather but here are some highlights you can expect:
- Comprehensive views of all the features of the Park that you would otherwise see on a Park bus tour
- Views of the Wickersham Wall, arguably the tallest vertical relief on any mountain in the world. This 14,000 foot sheer wall of ice and snow is the best opportunity you’ll have to gain a stunning perspective of the towering size of Denali.
- Intimate views of the glaciers tumbling down Denali’s north side, including the Traleika, Brooks and the long-running Muldrow flowing from between the north and south summits at 17,000 feet
- Ridge-hopping the dramatic Carpe and Karstens ridgelines, used by the first climbers to summit Denali
- Close views of the south side glaciers, including the deepest glacier (the Ruth), the longest glacier in the Alaska Range (the Kahiltna), the meandering Tokositna and the colorful Eldridge
- Views of the Great Gorge in the expansive Ruth Amphitheater, with its dramatic 5,000 foot granite walls rising straight from glacial ice almost 4,000 feet thick
- Views of Mount Foraker, Mount Russell, and Mount Hunter, the next 3 tallest mountains in the Alaska Range, rounding out the Denali Family
- Views of the most popular climbing routes and climbing camps at various altitudes (during climbing season)
While this flight focuses heavily on Denali and its immediate vicinity, you will also be able to experience all the striking signature features of the 6 million acres that comprise Denali National Park, including the vivid Polychrome Mountains, the Toklat river basin, and the colorful contrasts of Denali’s vast geological displays as you ascend along the spine of the Alaska Range. Prepare to be humbled by this vast, utterly unique and remote Alaskan landscape that is best seen by air in order to appreciate the sheer magnitude of its beauty.
After landing at our airstrip, you will have the opportunity to take pictures of the plane and with the pilot and discuss the flight before boarding the shuttle van to return to your hotel.