Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
-Experience Nicaragua´s youngest volcano. -Hike this black cone. -Walk around activate craters. -Feel the heat, smell the gases and enjoy the views. After a driving of one hour and a half, we will arrive in the feet of Cerro Negro Volcano, where after some instructions from your guide we will start the hiking. The hiking will be over a rocky trails, the black coverage of sands and ashes give the name to the volcano. Plants are rare in this ambience of sulfur smoke and the views from the highest points are wonderful. You will come to the rim of several craters before getting the summit where the pictures of your adventure can be taken. Returning to the bottom will be as challenging as the hiking to the top. After some rest after the hiking we will safely return to the main road. Finally after this adventure you will return on time to your ship in Corinto.
- You'll start atAvenida CentralAv. Central, Corinto, NicaraguaSee address & details
- 1Cerro Negro VolcanoStop: 2 hours - Admission includedCerro Negro is an active volcano in the Cordillera de los Maribios mountain range in Nicaragua. It is a very new volcano, the youngest in Central America, having first appeared in April 1850. It consists of a gravelly basaltic cinder cone, which contrasts greatly with the surrounding verdant hillsides, and gives rise to its name, which means Black Hill. Cerro Negro has erupted frequently since its first eruption. One unusual aspect of several eruptions has been the emission of ash from the top of the cone, while lava erupts from fractures at the base. Despite its youth, Cerro Negro has been one of the most active volcanoes in Nicaragua, with its latest eruption occurring in 1999. Since its birth in 1850, it has erupted approximately 23 times.Read more
- You'll end atAvenida CentralAv. Central, Corinto, NicaraguaSee address & details
Avenida Central, Av. Central, Corinto, Nicaragua
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Cerro Negro Volcano
- Restroom on board
- Sand Board not included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with limited mobility
- The road is very uneven and the vehicle will jump a lot suring the transfer
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Pinolero Tours Nicaragua
Flor de Cana, Leon and the Museum of Legend and Traditions
We contacted Luis ti arrange a tour from Puertas de Sol marina and began our adventure at 7am. We found Luis to be …
Cerro Negro - sandboarding
La atención de Luis en Pinolero Tours es excelente. Guía certificado del Instituto de Turismo de Nicaragua. Amplios…
Private tour to Leon from Port
We were fortunate to find David, Wilmer, and Edwardo for our day trip to Old Leon from our port! The young men wer…
Couldn't Ask for a better tour company or guides
We were three seniors wanting to see the old coffee plantation on the volcano. I knew we didn't have a group of 8 …
Terrific tour from Pinolero Tours
I was the organizer of a private shore excursion for 10 people in December 2017, Luis Vanegas was exceptional in h…
Our unforgettable day trip in Corinto, Flor de Cana Distillery and Chinandega
We stopped in Corinto as part of the MSC World Cruise. We were kindly welcomed by Luis the Manager, Ernesto our dri…
Best tour operator in Nicaragua
Finally, a tour operator in Nicaragua who goes the extra mile. Up until today, we’ve paid high prices with operator…
Colonial Corinto Nigaragua
I would recommend Pinolero tour for travelers.Paola Sanchez and other guides were all helpful.Paola Sanchez shared …
Excellent tour of Corinto area
My friends and I spent the Christmas Eve day with guide Paola Sanchez touring the Corinto area. She did such a grea…
Great, reliable transportation
Highly recommend using them for private transportation between towns. Not only were they early, but the main tour …
Horseback to the volcano
Luis made arrangements for us to ride horses up to Volcan Cosiguina. He arranged pick up, local guides, horses, sn…
My wife and I did the San Ramos kayak tour a week ago. Luis had a driver pick us up at our hotel in Chinandega and …
Pinolero Tours was great!
I just visited Nicaragua with my family and was fortunate enough to be referred to Pinolero tours. We were with Lui…
Fascinating day trip
We took a private tour with our wonderful guide Luis Vanegas. He picked us up at hotel with nice air conditioned…
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently Asked Questions about Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion
How much is Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion?
Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion price starts from $169.06. Discover and book Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion on Tripadvisor
What is the Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion cancellation policy?
Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion?
Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion is hosted by Pinolero Tours Nicaragua. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Pinolero Tours Nicaragua on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion?
On average, this experience will take approximately 7h. Discover and book Cerro Negro Volcano Corinto Shore Excursion on Tripadvisor